Wednesday 8 January 2014

2014 Resolutions and The Three Kings of the Lost World!

It’s the New Year and everyone seems to be blogging about their hobby resolutions. I have to say I’ve never been one to make (or keep) resolutions, they’re a nice idea however its so easy to lose focus as everyday life takes over. However I decided to make two this year:
  1. Quit coffee (I drink to much and I’m sure its given me an ulcer!)
  2. Do not buy any more figures until the lead/plastic pile is gone!

So how am I doing? Well it’s the 8th January and I am typing this blog post while sipping on a lovely cup of ……….coffee!

Arghhhh - yes I’ve failed however I’m trying to achieve this resolution by slowly weaning myself off the dreaded black stuff rather than cold turkey (its fairer on my family this way!).

So that’s my first resolution broken however I am winning on my second one……..NOT!

As many of you lovely blog readers do I follow a wide range of blogs, one of which is the rather splendid Colonel of Truths Miniature Issues who manages to do amazing things with bits of tat and bargain store buys. So inspired by this and whilst wandering through Boyes Department store in Ilkley (looking for a toy car I’d promised my youngest!) I picked up 3 plastic dinosaurs for £2.97 with the thought that they would make a rather characterful addition to our Darkest Africa games of IHMN.

Now as soon as I’d purchased the aforementioned I thought “oh no I’ve broken my resolution” and so with a guilty conscience I set to getting them gaming ready whilst said youngest offspring enjoyed his favourite movie (58 mins of Thomas King of the Railway!). Below is the result of my efforts!





These shall be gracing the table tonight when Lt Col Johnsons company attempts to wrangle the beasts whilst being attacked by that barbarian Tarzan and his native allies! An update shall follow!


Note: As they never hit the lead/plastic pile technically I didn’t breach the resolution *cough* honest!

4 comments:

  1. They look good and scale looks appropriate too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a trial game using them and I'm happy to say that I'll be getting a few more as the scale does work well. I'm tempted to come up with some Dino Racing rules too!
      Cheers Scott

      Delete
  2. Sorry, but I can't download the rules for dinosaurs from the Lead Adventure Forum, could you upload them here?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Slorm
      Sorry about that, it may be that you need to be a member of the forum (if you're not?). My most recent blog post is an AAR of a trial game using the rules and I've popped a link to the document there.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete